Rhythm Game Community Code of Conduct
All attendees, competing or spectating, are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. No exceptions!
The Keystone Code identifies four fundamental values as guides for positive and fulfilling engagement in gaming spaces, even while players compete with one another. These four values shape our understanding of how people can harmonize themselves and interact with one another to foster positive communities where players from all walks of life can feel welcome.
- Compassion: treat others as you would be treated; consider the perspectives of others. You value the diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and opinions of others, even when different from your own. You appreciate that all viewpoints come from the life experiences of fellow human beings. You understand that online interactions impact real people in real ways, both offline and online.
- Integrity: be honest, be committed, play fair. You behave honorably and honestly. You take responsibility for your words and actions. While playing games, you honor the rules and spirit of honest competition.
- Respect: respect all other humans, teammates and competitors alike. You respect everyone regardless of their background, identity, physical appearance, or beliefs. Even in competitive gaming where “trash-talk” is common, you are a good sport and respect opponents as fellow human beings, keeping the banter to the game, not ever making it personal.
- Courage: be courageous in competition and in standing up for what is right. You have the courage to moderate your own behavior, speak out against harassment, and report violations by others. You do not tolerate harassment or hate speech of any kind, even when you are not directly involved.
For reference, “harassment” includes, but is not limited to:
- Hate speech, offensive behavior, or verbal abuse related to sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, religion, or skill level.
- Stalking or intimidation (physically or online).
- Spamming, raiding, hijacking, or inciting disruption of streams or social media.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxxing”).
- Unwelcome sexual attention (including unwelcome sexualized comments, jokes, and sexual advances).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
We do not tolerate harassment or hate speech in any form. Anyone violating these rules in our related communities and spaces will be dealt with according to the articles below, at the discretion of tournament organizers and staff – and that may include being banned from online channels and/or removed from events present and future.
If you observe harassment against someone, say something! Our TOs are chosen in part for their upstanding presence in the community, and one of their responsibilities is to ensure a safe environment for their competitors. We will also have a channel by which you can report harassment anonymously.
In addition, you are required to observe the venue’s policies, which include:
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times. No clothing with profanity and/or objectionable artwork.
- No alcohol on the game floor. Overly intoxicated individuals will be denied admission or asked to leave.
- Do not vandalize, damage, or willfully misuse arcade or mall property.